Relationship & Business Development Academy
This is a 12 hour learning module held over three days on February 22, 24 & March 1 from 8 am to noon at the ABC Greater Baltimore office.
Who should come: Business Development professionals from commercial construction primes doing business with private and public owners; sub-contractors performing commercial work; and members with services related to the commercial building industry.
Module 1, Tuesday, February 22 – Developing the “right” relationships and opportunities
• Top of the Sales Funnel: Prospecting in your market
• Qualifying opportunities for your estimators
• Identifying the proper points of contact within your target clients/customers
• Opportunities to reach out and interact with potential clients
• Building rapport and the relationship over time to increase negotiated bid opportunities
• Creating a contact marketing plan to promote your highest and best use of your time
Module 2, Thursday, February 24 – Conducting professional meetings that produce results. Set a clear purpose, and gaining agreement
• How to set a clear purpose for discussions with potential clients: What you gain
• In addition to job specification questions: learn what else you should be asking
• Developing a “Question guide” so you and your team can be better prepared for meetings
• Developing a “Objection guide” in the event you don’t win the desired project – what should you be saying or doing?
• Presenting – why the relationship step is important, and what you should be doing
• Setting concrete next steps for follow up, value engineering, negotiation
Module 3, Tuesday, March 1 – Building a relationship and value over time
• Interactions with client staff on work in progress – how to maximize and build relationships while on the job
• Identifying additional influences for future work or opportunities
• How to structure getting called in when the apparent “low bidder” fails to perform (either as project management or to take on the in progress work)
• Learn what you should be doing outside of the job site – set a yearlong agenda for relationship building activities (marketing calendar)
• Learn about and identify methods of possible support to your clients outside of the work you perform
Grow your career with us. Be more with ABC Baltimore.
Register for the next Relationship & Business Development Academy.